This café is good for meetings and post-work drinks.
What I like about it:
- Ambiance. Its got a good, slightly party-ish vibe to it.
- Opens late. This place opens from 7am to 11pm.
- Coffee rating (1 = really bad, 5 = really good): 4
- Wifi: Yes.
- Power sockets: Yes, only near the high table window seats.
- Location: 213 Old St, London EC1V 9NR
- Nearest tube: Old Street
- Music volume: Loud.
- They play a mix of house and other party beats.
- Seating is a mix of high tables and chairs. There is also outside seating.
I personally find it difficult to work here purely because of the music volume. I have been to several other Grinds and they are all the same. All pretty loud.
However, they have a decent selection of coffee and cakes – their red velvet cake here is a must-have! And the quality of coffee is generally better than average. They don’t do filters.