This café is best for short work sessions and meetings.
What I like about it:
- Great tunes. The times I have been there, they have 90s hits on play. Like the kind of stuff I grew up listening to – oh nostalgia.
- Opens late. This one opens until 7pm. Most cafés close around 5 or 6pm.
- Coffee rating (1 = really bad, 5 = really good): 4.5
- Wifi: Available but slow.
- Power sockets: Only a couple towards the back-left side of the café
- Location: 4-16 Leather Ln, London EC1N 7SU
- Nearest tube: Farringdon
- Music volume: Just right.
- It probably fits a little over 40 people.
- Seating type: Wooden tables and benches with few regular chairs.
A good space to work if you prefer more quiet cafés.
I gave a coffee rating of 4.5 purely based on their filter coffees because that is all I have had at the place. I had a Crimson Mist filter the last time I was there and it was really good but lack something that prevented it from really hitting the spot. On the upside, their salted caramel brownie – ace. This gave me the impression that compared to their St Martin’s Place branch, perhaps their cakes might be better?