This café is best for short work sessions and meetings.
What I like about it:
- Friendly baristas. Their barista (who’s name I have yet to get) was very happy to tell me about their coffee, brewing method and even let me try another filter they were preparing.
- Natural light. Lots of natural light in this one.
- Coffee rating (1 = really bad, 5 = really good): 5
- Wifi: Available but only for 45 minutes
- Power sockets: Only a couple towards the front of the café
- Music volume: Just right.
- Nearest tube: Covent Garden
- Location: St Martin’s Courtyard, St. Martins Courtyard, 19 Slingsby Pl, London WC2E 9AB
- Seating type: High wood and steel tables and chairs with regular, garden-like tables and chairs at the back.
A good place for short work sessions, it is often frequented by a combination of working people and tourists.
I gave a coffee rating of 5 purely based on their filter coffees because that is all I have had at the place. I had a Burundi filter the last time I was there and it was excellent – it was made on batch brew rather than V60 but all the tasting notes came out excellent.
The downside, their cakes could be better. I personally find them a bit dry.