This café is best for long work sessions and big meetings (booking necessary).
What I like about it:
Purpose-built. This place was literally made for freelancers in mind. They even have their own meeting room to rent!
- Coffee rating (1 = really bad, 5 = really good): 4.5/5
- Wifi: Good, strong.
- Power sockets: Literally everywhere.
- Music volume: Just right.
- Nearest tube: Oxford Circus or Tottenham Court Road
- Location: 4 Noel Street, London W1F 8GB
- With multiple floors, this place is bigger than usual but it does get crowded very quickly! It is almost like a university library – if you do not get arrive before 10am, chances are, you will not get a spot until about 2 hours before closing.
- They serve a wide selection of cakes but in my opinion, way too sweet and way too heavy.
- Seating type: A combination of regular tables, regular chairs, coffee tables and armchairs.
Timberyard is no secret to freelancers. Almost everyone you see at Timberyard has a laptop out, unsurprisingly so since they serve coffee from top roasters including The Barn, Berlin and Drop Coffee Roasters, Stockholm, have power sockets literally everywhere and a good wifi connection. However, it does get quite tight and turnover is slow since people sit there for hours on end.
I do not frequent this place often purely because of how crowded it gets – I enjoy having some space but this is the only café I know of that has been purpose-built for work.